This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- RT @Poynter: The New York Times just-published 2020 report is a must-read: poynter.org/2017/with-the-… 4 hours ago
- Got to see this back in October at #LFF. My favourite film of the year. Love their new @IMAX poster. @LaLaLand https://t.co/g7IBdOC79F 6 hours ago
- #Netflix share price hits all-time high variety.com/2017/digital/n… 7 hours ago
- @wblau Huge congratulations and very best of luck 7 hours ago
- RT @ianbremmer: You laugh a little less hard at this cartoon every year. #Davos #wef17 https://t.co/2BhwNR0bAm 7 hours ago