This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- On the debut of the TV network for #millennials (an oxymoron?), Pivot newyorker.com/magazine/2013/… 8 hours ago
- #Hollywood studios' complex and unfortunate relationship with Nazism newyorker.com/magazine/2013/… @LaFemmeDeNY @IndieFilm101 8 hours ago
- Are VC firms in danger of being disrupted? economist.com/news/finance-a… #startups 2 days ago
- Interesting take on Facebook's Instant Articles move economist.com/news/business/… There's a risk here too... http://t.co/hBFreoHic3 2 days ago
- @KappaRama thanks hope you liked it! 3 days ago