This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- Disney v. Warner: How Captain America beat #BvS - including strategic and organizational differences nyti.ms/1WnmSso 6 hours ago
- Apple sets sights on bigger target in India: on.ft.com/1U4Aoec Great piece. Relies on 4G setup. Half current volume = 5S 1 day ago
- Shari Redstone, Viacom heir apparent to an ailing empire: on.ft.com/1U0Uu9f 1 day ago
- RT @wblau: A left-wing paper defending immigrants today? No, this from the FT as the last paper in town with a European spine. https://t.co… 2 days ago
- RT @batman101: Vice's Shane Smith: 'Expect a bloodbath' in media within the next year digiday.com/publishers/sha… via @Digiday 2 days ago