This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- RT @CNBC: Uber's privately-held stock has been trading 15% lower amid scandals, a report says cnb.cx/2phFOy6 2 hours ago
- Are you aware of this, @byr0nic? niemanlab.org/2017/04/a-croa… 2 hours ago
- Discussing Amazon's "anticipatory shipping" patent in the office today, reminded of this great @FT Caldwell piece ft.com/content/a0c084… 2 hours ago
- RT @mitsmr: Learn how to narrow a problem's scope. Managers, take a look mitsmr.com/2mT7S9O #leadership #projectmanagement https://t.c… 1 day ago
- RT @Variety: Netflix to Raise $1 Billion in New Debt From Non-U.S. Lenders bit.ly/2pcKhBS 1 day ago