This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- RT @steverubel: Great piece on what the demise of paper tickets means... Admit One, to Memory Lane nyti.ms/1Hzgztr 11 hours ago
- @byr0nic Haha well, better for the company. As the article points out, a "third way" is needed 13 hours ago
- How #Uber is redefining the definition of employees newyorker.com/magazine/2015/… For better or worse #sharingeconomy 15 hours ago
- Congrats @hassle! twitter.com/rcsheng/status… 1 day ago
- On the nascent rise of "WiFi-first" #mobile networks, the opportunity for cable cos and the risk to incumbents economist.com/news/business/… 2 days ago