This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- RT @carlquintanilla: 2nd day in a row of skeptical notes on Snap's IPO. This one from Susquehanna: (via @sallyshin) https://t.co/2kvuGZAAZY 15 hours ago
- RT @CJR: From archives: The Backfire Effect. Why the press may find it hard to debunk alternative facts. cjr.bz/2lmGS19 15 hours ago
- RT @RTS_media: .@RaymondSnoddy investigates if TV can hold on to its advertising revenue bit.ly/2kKhS18 https://t.co/wb6l6RP0mk 15 hours ago
- Silicon Valley is happy to get political economist.com/news/business/… As long as it doesn't affect the bottom line 15 hours ago
- RT @TheDrum: Facebook Messenger now has a straight-to-the-point Christian Grey chatbot who will sext users fal.cn/QDfq https://… 15 hours ago