This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- New Article :: Film franchise challenges for #StarWars #TheForceAwakens and #JamesBond #SPECTRE zeitgeistandstuff.wordpress.com/2015/08/30/tri… 8 hours ago
- ‘The Silo Effect’, by Gillian Tett: on.ft.com/1fKShBu Sounds like a very interesting book. Liking the Sony example 20 hours ago
- Wow HBO's #ShowMeAHero sounds very very good economist.com/news/books-and… 20 hours ago
- A new #Netflix series focuses on the war on drugs nytimes.com/2015/08/30/art… Plus the struggle to get Americans to sit through subtitles 1 day ago
- Brooks returns as News Corp’s UK chief: on.ft.com/1fKXTMc Wow 1 day ago