This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- RT @TheDrum: Apple dismisses claims hackers have obtained access to hundreds of millions of iCloud accounts fal.cn/uq5h https:/… 7 hours ago
- RT @verge: How iTunes built, and then broke, my meticulous music-listening system theverge.com/2017/3/23/1503… https://t.co/PZCiITobn8 7 hours ago
- Great to hear chief exec of @LionsgateUK calling for dynamic pricing on cinema tix (based on film budget) on @BBCRadio4 #r4today just now 🎥 7 hours ago
- Great @bcgperspectives piece on combatting the downsides of #globalisation and technological evolution bcgperspectives.com/content/articl… #AI #tech 21 hours ago
- RT @disruptivedean: Rather unconvincing comparison of 4.5G vs 5G use-cases by @nokia #lpwan17 - networks will be hybrid for decades https:/… 1 day ago