This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- Criticism of Screening Rm here assumes it would consume rather than complement cinema-going habits nyti.ms/1N8jDSx 11 hours ago
- Summer Movie Release Schedule 2016, via @nytimes - An interesting lineup nyti.ms/1N8uo7g 12 hours ago
- RT @SwanniOnTV: 3 Reasons Why You Might Not Want to Cut the Cord: bit.ly/1SswLSL #mlb #nfl 2 days ago
- RT @SwanniOnTV: Top pay TV operators have added 206,000 video subscribers since October. Cord-cutting still a thing? bit.ly/1VWBPRB 2 days ago
- RT @Danovate: Just got off a call with a client about market share... twitter.com/mitsmr/status/… 2 days ago