This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- RT @DigitalTrends: You can now run apps within apps thanks to the Miniapp function of WeChat bit.ly/2cNO6EN https://t.co/LbAG7ZfKOQ 21 hours ago
- RT @Recode: What price for Twitter? A lot, which might be a big issue for many buyers. recode.net/2016/9/23/1302… 21 hours ago
- RT @PwC_EntComm: 7 strategies for managing large acquisitions in entertainment, media, and comms: pwc.to/2cDiQYL #PwCDeals @PwC_LL… 21 hours ago
- Could the days of fast fashion be ending? Why? on.ft.com/2d6dsNQ An absence of new trends, inclement weather & other distractions 21 hours ago
- Retailers still trying desperately to make #wearables work ft.com/content/91bec5… Not very compelling yet imo #retail #tech 22 hours ago