Social media shines a light on Giants
Rioting has been sparked after last night’s World Series win for the San Francisco Giants (which of course everyone will know the result of already because it’s called the World Series). Despite the unfortunate nature of these events, the situation provides another example of how social media can help inform people during a developing incident, much as it did during the Mumbai attacks last year. They also proved successful in getting the word out regarding the protests in China’s Xinjiang province last year. There is opportunity for emergency response services to exploit these channels – in the case of San Francisco it was not having enough police stationed in the right areas – as long as they can separate the wheat from the chaff. Mashable has more on the San Francisco over-celebrating.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- Another good summation of the #netneutrality debate economist.com/news/business/… Seems like current FCC classification i… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 17 hours ago
- Baidu is losing the battle of the BATs in China economist.com/news/business/… Lots of wheeling and dealing going on here... 17 hours ago
- RT @shauncollins: Quality of customer service to become a key measure of operator quality in the UK. Consumers don't join for CS yet but st… 17 hours ago
- RT @DigitalTrends: You might be seeing an Apple self-driving car sooner than you think! 😮 bit.ly/2oGUW95 17 hours ago
- RT @Variety: Hacker Threatens to Release New Season of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ bit.ly/2qfA09b 17 hours ago