A Close Shave with Tennis Greatness
Roger Federer, the world’s most successful tennis player with a staggering sixteen Grand Slams to his name, shows here why he is so great. This ad appeared on YouTube earlier this week from Gillette. It appears to be an unofficial edit from when Mr. Federer et al were breaking between shooting a commercial. The Wall Street Journal recently added to the mountain of editorial written over the past 18 months predicting Federer’s demise – Federer’s reaction was to win three more slams in that time, an achievement which most tennis players spend a career trying and failing to obtain – with coda that attempts an abrupt volte-face, perhaps having already learned from last year to never, ever count Federer out.
Your views on the authenticity of the shots in this ad are welcome. Is it a William Tell-like feat of extravagant excellence caught in a candid moment? Or a nice bit of CGI in a very constructed environment? Federer, according to Reuters, remains coy on the subject. Regardless, Zeitgeist is definitely playing tennis in a suit tonight…
UPDATE: The video has officially gone viral.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- Fox News hit by a lawsuit claiming “abhorrent, intolerable, unlawful and hostile racial discrimination.” variety.com/2017/tv/news/f… Yeesh 13 hours ago
- RT @THR: Exclusive: Jeff Goldblum joins '#JurassicWorld' sequel thr.cm/XISFfM https://t.co/4EFl74CQaP 13 hours ago
- RT @MediaLSE: In order to fully realise the value of #OpenData researchers must address the quality of the datasets blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocial…… 13 hours ago
- RT @CNBC: Uber's privately-held stock has been trading 15% lower amid scandals, a report says cnb.cx/2phFOy6 1 day ago
- Are you aware of this, @byr0nic? niemanlab.org/2017/04/a-croa… 1 day ago