Sales of phones running Google’s Android OS platform finally overtook sales of Apple’s iPhone, it was reported today in the FT. This is of course big news, as the Android OS until now has been [portrayed, either self-perpetuated or by the media] as the underdog. However it was an inveitability as the Android operating system is now available on many different handsets from multiple manufacturers, who target a wide breadth of consumer demographics. Conversely, the iPhone OS runs on a single handset, the iPhone, built for a robust yet niche audience.
Zeitgeist paid Google UK HQ a visit recently to listen to the latest Android innovations, and can imagine the ensuing party that will take place in celebration of these results. The partying will be dampened however by related news that Oracle is to sue Google over Android over patent infringement.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- Fox News hit by a lawsuit claiming “abhorrent, intolerable, unlawful and hostile racial discrimination.” variety.com/2017/tv/news/f… Yeesh 13 hours ago
- RT @THR: Exclusive: Jeff Goldblum joins '#JurassicWorld' sequel thr.cm/XISFfM https://t.co/4EFl74CQaP 13 hours ago
- RT @MediaLSE: In order to fully realise the value of #OpenData researchers must address the quality of the datasets blogs.lse.ac.uk/impactofsocial…… 13 hours ago
- RT @CNBC: Uber's privately-held stock has been trading 15% lower amid scandals, a report says cnb.cx/2phFOy6 1 day ago
- Are you aware of this, @byr0nic? niemanlab.org/2017/04/a-croa… 1 day ago