This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- RT @batman101: Talk of a second life for #Xbox Entertainment Studios as part of Warner Bros. hollywoodreporter.com/news/xbox-shop… #TMT 2 hours ago
- 305k Americans cord-cut in Q2; at least it's fewer than last year variety.com/2014/biz/news/… Will surging #cable prices increase drift to #OTT? 2 hours ago
- Apps: #Longread on consolidation, copycats and the future of #mobile apps on.ft.com/YvofK4 4 hours ago
- You're always a good service fr interesting pieces! RT @KatrinaKlier: Good read: The World Of Everything-As-A-Service techcrunch.com/2014/08/09/eve… 20 hours ago
- Finally moving on from my dear old 27in TV from 2007 to a 42in Panasonic, after @AmazonUK emailed me a great flash sale. Thanks! :) 20 hours ago