This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- Instagram Users Finding They’re Less Popular Than Thought - Bot purge means 7.7% avg follower loss blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/12… 12 hours ago
- China's "message-managers, like stodgy old-media titans in the West" are using clickbait journalism economist.com/news/china/216… 1 day ago
- RT @rorysutherland: @zeitgeiststuff @voidhere @Uber - @shlomobenartzi and I were talking about this last night. A lot you could do. 1 day ago
- Today's @NewYorker calendar is funny, topical and all about disruption #Cartoon #Fridayfunny #Creativedestruction http://t.co/bPlfDcXbd4 2 days ago
- RT @tim: Soon more people will be taking more rides with more groups of strangers on.ft.com/1w2Oa4t UberPool & LyftLine are really wor… 2 days ago