This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- Pretty exciting to see red carpet setup underway this morn at Leicester Sq, even if it is for the premiere of #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy 4 hours ago
- Murdoch’s bid for Time Warner threatens the golden age of television, says @FT on.ft.com/1pbbkTk 6 hours ago
- Condé Nast is moving downtown - The impact on businesses. @rachel_arthur nyti.ms/1kVUSFp 6 hours ago
- #Sony Pictures' vice chairman and chairman of worldwide marketing stepping down in latest reshuffle nyti.ms/1yWPOsz 6 hours ago
- Amazon's Fire phone panned by critics variety.com/2014/digital/n… 18 hours ago