This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- Next year #millennials will outnumber Gen X-ers. Wow. H/t @McK_MktgSales 11 hours ago
- Rather belatedly, Nielsen announces plans to launch service for audience measurement online, partnering with Adobe ft.com/cms/s/0/863f49… 17 hours ago
- Virtual reality is SO early 2014. "Cinematic reality" is where it's at, so #Google claim, VR/AR mix, vs Fbk's Oculus ft.com/cms/s/0/3ffa8d… 17 hours ago
- Always good to start the day @TheWolseleyRest for a brilliant breakfast 17 hours ago
- Loeb throws in the towel, his Third Point exits from #Sony investment variety.com/2014/biz/news/… @KazHiraiCEO 1 day ago