This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- @Variety charts how being nominated for best pic drives P2P filesharing. Drops again if they don't win on the night http://t.co/ID0bu84aEX 3 days ago
- "Blockbusterism often seems less like a strategy and more like a tendency" nyr.kr/1aPiPaU Why #blockbusters still rule @maegiFILMS 3 days ago
- @innovationanarc Hope you're going to attribute that quotation to its rightful source! 3 days ago
- RT @speculand: #Strategy is about making the right decisions; implementation is about taking the right actions. 3 days ago
- Great piece on #Weibo #IPO, how it differs from #Twitter's, censorship and #Alibaba's stake on.ft.com/1gZCM25 4 days ago