This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- @NicolaAPeters Great job on the #wgsn hangout yesterday, interesting insights. 6 hours ago
- @rachel_arthur Of course! Great job. 6 hours ago
- #TV's share of global advertising spend set to peak, after three decades of growth ft.com/cms/s/0/c02669… 7 hours ago
- Howard Stringer, former Sony CEO, to join BBC Exec Board variety.com/2013/tv/news/f… 8 hours ago
- @eMarketer says ad revenue for YouTube will have seen a 50% increase this year on last, to $5.6bn ft.com/cms/s/0/377ed1… 9 hours ago