This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- FCC shifts stance on net neutrality rules: on.ft.com/1hq0QLR Will ensure ISPs charge "reasonable" rates on Netflix et al. Hmmm... 2 hours ago
- Mobile growth boosts Facebook shares: on.ft.com/1prwu5l What next for them? 2 hours ago
- NY attorney gen'l advocates more regulation of start-ups like Uber nytimes.com/2014/04/23/opi… Fine, but the way we regulate also needs to change 14 hours ago
- @ObsNewReview Q for Mr Loach - if you could choose another country or time to focus your social realism on, where and when would it be? 20 hours ago
- Great fun. Thought you might like, @raju RT @mattrhodes: "Massacre at the palace..." via @TheSunNewspaper http://t.co/ZHbh6uIZS8 21 hours ago