This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- @zeitgeiststuff: Expat Mother to son on UK cust service: "Get used to it. This is England, not Hong Kong. Everything goes slow". #Overheard 22 hours ago
- @FT on the fickle popularity of social networks, why interest in Facebook is waning and ways to combat inertia on.ft.com/14yqb2y 2 days ago
- Watching @CNBC discussing China's forays into cinema. Purchase of AMC theaters seen as attempt to control H'wood's imagery. #Censorship 2 days ago
- Sony says it will "consider" selling off entertainment assets variety.com/2013/biz/news/… 2 days ago
- Amazing - Netflix's "Arrested Development" has triple the social buzz of "House of Cards" variety.com/2013/news/netf… #TV 2 days ago