This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- Microsoft targeted in China antitrust probe on.ft.com/X4nrem Another victim in a long list as China seeks to promote homegrown product 8 hours ago
- Yeah pretty excited for #Sharknado2 variety.com/2014/tv/review… Thanks for not dampening my spirits too much @blowryontv 10 hours ago
- Interesting how cylical pay TV net adds are for cable co.s. Telcos less volatile. Wonder if this remains true in 2014 http://t.co/9Xof8zx3Q4 12 hours ago
- RT @AccentureRetail: 67% of #millennials find ads the biggest turn-off. Also, not keen on push notifications mobilemarketer.com/cms/news/adver… 13 hours ago
- RT @theartmarket: Artful Dodge: Why Chinese Collectors Are ‘Borrowing’ Their Own Pieces blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/… 15 hours ago