This Friday sees the release of one of the most eagerly-anticipated films of the century… if you’re a lover of action films. Industry trade mag Variety wrote in its review, “the movie… is as gratuitous with futile plot- and character-building scenes as it is with gore”.
Nothing especially notable has been seen in terms of marketing for the film until last week. While this kind of engaging promotion has been done a few times now – most notably with Nintendo’s Wario franchise in 2008 – it’s been executed (no pun intended) in a fun way here, in an interview with all-round legend Sylvester Stallone.
Welcome to Zeitgeist and Stuff
- Does the battle between Sony and Microsoft consoles indicate no one really wants an entertainment hub? economist.com/news/business/… 15 hours ago
- The myriad threats and opportunities of the reprogrammable SIM card #TMT economist.com/news/business/… 15 hours ago
- RT @DeloitteDIGI_AU: A fascinating look at the origins of the '[x] to close' feature in #UI design: buff.ly/1xJhj66 #GUI #Design htt… 1 day ago
- RT @TheDrum: From looking to buying: 80% of #mobile retail research ends with a purchase, finds @Telmetrics ow.ly/EWjzn 1 day ago
- How the smart went out of the Samsung phone: on.ft.com/1203KGB 1 day ago