The Muppets and LCD Soundsystem
Happy Friday! While Zeitgeist is caught in the toil and tribulation of work, insightful articles have been coming off the production line a little slower. Rest assured there are many in the pipeline. In the meantime, please enjoy this video of The Muppets, found via Mashable. Though discovered days ago now, it just about still falls in the realm of the zeitgeist. This is not part of any advertising campaign, so it doesn’t matter a great deal, but it’s really staggering to see just how de rigeur it has become to immediately whip one’s phone out and start recording an event now. Did that media end up on Facebook, Twitter et al.? It’s arguable that things like this hurt the muppets’ brand equity, particularly with their younger demographic (or, more precisely, the over-protective parents of such a demo). Such things though are perhaps not important in the context of watching muppets dance.
Unofficially rocking out here to one of Zeitgeist’s favourite bands, the imminently-retiring LCD Soundsystem, the Jim Henson progeny have of late been recasting themselves as social media gurus, in everything from Ode to Joy with the irrepressible Beaker, to the rather more (again) unofficial take on Kanye’s new “Monster” video. And if you were wondering what “the Church” can learn from the Muppets’ social media savvy-ness…
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- @lawkas Officially going to @festivalnumber6, woop. Did you see the banquets they're putting on? Sound pretty cool... festivalnumber6.com/content/view/1… 9 hours ago
- RT @DTVEStuart: Netflix set to launch in France on Sept 15, so far failed to strike deals w/ the country's operators. tinyurl.com/ko2ocxo 14 hours ago
- Apple has apparently reached an agreement with all major credit card providers as it prepares to launch mobile wallet businessinsider.com/apple-partners… 17 hours ago
- .@FTLiveDigital See you there, looking forward to it! 1 day ago
- RT @reuvengorsht: "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill 1 day ago