The Muppets and LCD Soundsystem
Happy Friday! While Zeitgeist is caught in the toil and tribulation of work, insightful articles have been coming off the production line a little slower. Rest assured there are many in the pipeline. In the meantime, please enjoy this video of The Muppets, found via Mashable. Though discovered days ago now, it just about still falls in the realm of the zeitgeist. This is not part of any advertising campaign, so it doesn’t matter a great deal, but it’s really staggering to see just how de rigeur it has become to immediately whip one’s phone out and start recording an event now. Did that media end up on Facebook, Twitter et al.? It’s arguable that things like this hurt the muppets’ brand equity, particularly with their younger demographic (or, more precisely, the over-protective parents of such a demo). Such things though are perhaps not important in the context of watching muppets dance.
Unofficially rocking out here to one of Zeitgeist’s favourite bands, the imminently-retiring LCD Soundsystem, the Jim Henson progeny have of late been recasting themselves as social media gurus, in everything from Ode to Joy with the irrepressible Beaker, to the rather more (again) unofficial take on Kanye’s new “Monster” video. And if you were wondering what “the Church” can learn from the Muppets’ social media savvy-ness…
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- An original robot from Fox's Will Smith movie "I, Robot" on auction @ChristiesInc. Want. christies.com/lotfinder/memo… @cameroon2076 2 hours ago
- @rachel_arthur did you see the @Forbes piece on Hermès? 3 hours ago
- Responding to an excellent @NewYorker piece newyorker.com/magazine/2014/… Christensen concedes "#disruption" the wrong word forbes.com/sites/offwhite… 5 hours ago
- RT @nwalley: The #BBC policy of keeping iPlayer & web separate from TV is root of problem w/ BBC3 decision #edtvfest decipherconsultancy.wordpress.com/2013/04/14/its… 5 hours ago
- Only surprised this wasn't written months ago - What #Snapchat can learn from Asian messaging apps blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/08… #WeChat #KakaoTalk 5 hours ago