Right place, right time delivers Fedex viral gold
How great timing can accidently help you become part of a mini viral sensation.
With the news in the UK pretty much exclusively focussing on how the cold weather has brought most of northern Europe brought to a standstill, Zeitgeist was reassured to see that the snow and ice are playing havoc in the US too.
As the out of control cars smash into each other a FedEx van appears and chooses a route that doesn’t involve climbing a hill of ice and manages to continue its journey onwards to deliver Christmas presents.
The truck is only visible for around ten seconds of the two minute clip but subtly shows that while others struggle, Fedex delivers.
This particular clip has already been viewed by over half a million people and other instances and TV broadcasts will boost that number considerably.
And all through the good luck of having a competent driver in the right place at the right time. If the Fedex marketing team haven’t already broken up for the holidays they might even think about buying the rights to the first 30 seconds of the clip and running it as an advert while the weather remains so severe.
Whatever they do, Zeitgeist hopes Fedex identify the driver and give him (or her) a nice Christmas bonus. They might also want to offer jobs to the drivers of the red and black cars who managed to keep calm and deliver a driving masterclass.
Timing it would seem, really is everything!
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- Great piece on #Weibo #IPO, how it differs from #Twitter's, censorship and #Alibaba's stake on.ft.com/1gZCM25 20 hours ago
- Interesting to see Lionsgate partnering with YouTube peeps RocketJump variety.com/2014/digital/n… @lkao 1 day ago
- @jeffreylhartley Definitely no surprise there! Good to hear it confirmed though 2 days ago
- Crowdfunding reaches new heights with #Sharknado sequel variety.com/2014/tv/news/s… #Kickstarter 2 days ago
- Fair bit of deceptive guff about #4K going around uk.news.yahoo.com/-full-hd--has-… Risks misleading customers. #TV 2 days ago