A Close Shave with Tennis Greatness
Roger Federer, the world’s most successful tennis player with a staggering sixteen Grand Slams to his name, shows here why he is so great. This ad appeared on YouTube earlier this week from Gillette. It appears to be an unofficial edit from when Mr. Federer et al were breaking between shooting a commercial. The Wall Street Journal recently added to the mountain of editorial written over the past 18 months predicting Federer’s demise – Federer’s reaction was to win three more slams in that time, an achievement which most tennis players spend a career trying and failing to obtain – with coda that attempts an abrupt volte-face, perhaps having already learned from last year to never, ever count Federer out.
Your views on the authenticity of the shots in this ad are welcome. Is it a William Tell-like feat of extravagant excellence caught in a candid moment? Or a nice bit of CGI in a very constructed environment? Federer, according to Reuters, remains coy on the subject. Regardless, Zeitgeist is definitely playing tennis in a suit tonight…
UPDATE: The video has officially gone viral.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- Examining the weekend's #movie openings to see if digital #data offer indicators to analyse #marketing effectiveness variety.com/2014/digital/n… 10 hours ago
- Sure to appear in @DeloitteTMT's 2015 predictions? h/t @TheOnion http://t.co/EJqWfhKhhd 18 hours ago
- Underwood vs White - Q&A w/ #HouseOfCards + #BreakingBad showrunners Willimon & Gilligan variety.com/2014/tv/awards… #Weekendread #BetterCallSaul 20 hours ago
- Many co.s in China are not yet connected businesses. As that changes, expect to see productivity rise further economist.com/news/business/… 20 hours ago
- @SarcasticNY Thanks buddy :) 1 day ago