Sales of phones running Google’s Android OS platform finally overtook sales of Apple’s iPhone, it was reported today in the FT. This is of course big news, as the Android OS until now has been [portrayed, either self-perpetuated or by the media] as the underdog. However it was an inveitability as the Android operating system is now available on many different handsets from multiple manufacturers, who target a wide breadth of consumer demographics. Conversely, the iPhone OS runs on a single handset, the iPhone, built for a robust yet niche audience.
Zeitgeist paid Google UK HQ a visit recently to listen to the latest Android innovations, and can imagine the ensuing party that will take place in celebration of these results. The partying will be dampened however by related news that Oracle is to sue Google over Android over patent infringement.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- Interesting article on how new #tech and globalisation have hurt labour markets around the world economist.com/news/finance-a… 1 hour ago
- How has #Whatsapp managed to become the world's number one #mobile messaging app, beating Facebook? brandchannel.com/home/post/2013… 1 hour ago
- @NicolaAPeters Great job on the #wgsn hangout yesterday, interesting insights. 17 hours ago
- @rachel_arthur Of course! Great job. 17 hours ago
- #TV's share of global advertising spend set to peak, after three decades of growth ft.com/cms/s/0/c02669… 18 hours ago