Sales of phones running Google’s Android OS platform finally overtook sales of Apple’s iPhone, it was reported today in the FT. This is of course big news, as the Android OS until now has been [portrayed, either self-perpetuated or by the media] as the underdog. However it was an inveitability as the Android operating system is now available on many different handsets from multiple manufacturers, who target a wide breadth of consumer demographics. Conversely, the iPhone OS runs on a single handset, the iPhone, built for a robust yet niche audience.
Zeitgeist paid Google UK HQ a visit recently to listen to the latest Android innovations, and can imagine the ensuing party that will take place in celebration of these results. The partying will be dampened however by related news that Oracle is to sue Google over Android over patent infringement.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- .@FTLiveDigital See you there, looking forward to it! 13 hours ago
- RT @reuvengorsht: "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results." - Winston Churchill 15 hours ago
- Pay attention #Sony: Bringing popular services frm leading device category helps raise awareness. h/t @AnalysysMason http://t.co/v6EF80gkgA 16 hours ago
- #Workingfromhome made peeps more efficient, feel less stressed. But the unconscious bias of office presence remains mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/bus… 1 day ago
- Why fashion matters, no matter who you are on.ft.com/1n4OhcR Women showed little relationship w/ runway, less angst too @rachel_arthur 1 day ago