Sales of phones running Google’s Android OS platform finally overtook sales of Apple’s iPhone, it was reported today in the FT. This is of course big news, as the Android OS until now has been [portrayed, either self-perpetuated or by the media] as the underdog. However it was an inveitability as the Android operating system is now available on many different handsets from multiple manufacturers, who target a wide breadth of consumer demographics. Conversely, the iPhone OS runs on a single handset, the iPhone, built for a robust yet niche audience.
Zeitgeist paid Google UK HQ a visit recently to listen to the latest Android innovations, and can imagine the ensuing party that will take place in celebration of these results. The partying will be dampened however by related news that Oracle is to sue Google over Android over patent infringement.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- Visited the set of #TransparentTV earlier this summer. Its release shows how #Amazon is mimicking Netflix businessinsider.com/amazon-transpa… 8 hours ago
- RT @SarcasticNY: In lieu of domestic decline & DVD sales, H'wood has made mega profit frm licensing fees to new media thehollywoodeconomist.blogspot.com/2012/07/hollyw… 8 hours ago
- RT @Dan_Ison1: The revolution will be televised... how on demand services are transforming TV deloi.tt/1mjoDAs h/t @maegiFILMS 8 hours ago
- @maegiFILMS sounds good, shall do! 8 hours ago
- RT @BCG: #Robotics, #3Dprinting, & advances in #digitaltech are transforming parts of #US #manufacturing: on.bcg.com/1sFTtZT 10 hours ago