Sales of phones running Google’s Android OS platform finally overtook sales of Apple’s iPhone, it was reported today in the FT. This is of course big news, as the Android OS until now has been [portrayed, either self-perpetuated or by the media] as the underdog. However it was an inveitability as the Android operating system is now available on many different handsets from multiple manufacturers, who target a wide breadth of consumer demographics. Conversely, the iPhone OS runs on a single handset, the iPhone, built for a robust yet niche audience.
Zeitgeist paid Google UK HQ a visit recently to listen to the latest Android innovations, and can imagine the ensuing party that will take place in celebration of these results. The partying will be dampened however by related news that Oracle is to sue Google over Android over patent infringement.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- @Variety charts how being nominated for best pic drives P2P filesharing. Drops again if they don't win on the night http://t.co/ID0bu84aEX 1 day ago
- "Blockbusterism often seems less like a strategy and more like a tendency" nyr.kr/1aPiPaU Why #blockbusters still rule @maegiFILMS 1 day ago
- @innovationanarc Hope you're going to attribute that quotation to its rightful source! 1 day ago
- RT @speculand: #Strategy is about making the right decisions; implementation is about taking the right actions. 1 day ago
- Great piece on #Weibo #IPO, how it differs from #Twitter's, censorship and #Alibaba's stake on.ft.com/1gZCM25 2 days ago