Sales of phones running Google’s Android OS platform finally overtook sales of Apple’s iPhone, it was reported today in the FT. This is of course big news, as the Android OS until now has been [portrayed, either self-perpetuated or by the media] as the underdog. However it was an inveitability as the Android operating system is now available on many different handsets from multiple manufacturers, who target a wide breadth of consumer demographics. Conversely, the iPhone OS runs on a single handset, the iPhone, built for a robust yet niche audience.
Zeitgeist paid Google UK HQ a visit recently to listen to the latest Android innovations, and can imagine the ensuing party that will take place in celebration of these results. The partying will be dampened however by related news that Oracle is to sue Google over Android over patent infringement.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- RT @qz: Why #Apple will bring iTV to China first qz.com/195477 15 hours ago
- If #Burberry's so hot on #fashion #tech, where is its wearable device? 1 day ago
- Is #Nike pulling out of the wearable tech market? on.ft.com/1eXk8h5 Possible worries about how #FuelBand will fare vs #Apple's product 1 day ago
- Netflix CEO says Comcast’s TWC deal is anticompetitive on.ft.com/RGa15O 1 day ago
- Tailored ads and superfans variety.com/2014/tv/news/s… "Amazing Spider-Man 2" thinks innovatively with its #film #marketing 1 day ago