Sales of phones running Google’s Android OS platform finally overtook sales of Apple’s iPhone, it was reported today in the FT. This is of course big news, as the Android OS until now has been [portrayed, either self-perpetuated or by the media] as the underdog. However it was an inveitability as the Android operating system is now available on many different handsets from multiple manufacturers, who target a wide breadth of consumer demographics. Conversely, the iPhone OS runs on a single handset, the iPhone, built for a robust yet niche audience.
Zeitgeist paid Google UK HQ a visit recently to listen to the latest Android innovations, and can imagine the ensuing party that will take place in celebration of these results. The partying will be dampened however by related news that Oracle is to sue Google over Android over patent infringement.
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- Too little space at Pinewood studios. #Film #Gravity economist.com/news/britain/2… 22 hours ago
- RT @rachel_arthur: Insights on wearables so far: need a better use case to reach mass / need to look better / give it time. #yep #sxsw 1 day ago
- The history and intricacies of dealmaking when it comes to #luxury goods and the #Oscars vanityfair.com/hollywood/2014… Fashion meets #Film 1 day ago
- Our articles with the most hits last month - (1) Threats and Opportunities for the Entertainment industry in 2014 zeitgeistandstuff.wordpress.com/2014/01/11/thr… 2 days ago
- Our articles with the most hits last month - (2) How do #luxury brands stay exclusive? zeitgeistandstuff.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/ski… #Moncler 2 days ago