Sales of phones running Google’s Android OS platform finally overtook sales of Apple’s iPhone, it was reported today in the FT. This is of course big news, as the Android OS until now has been [portrayed, either self-perpetuated or by the media] as the underdog. However it was an inveitability as the Android operating system is now available on many different handsets from multiple manufacturers, who target a wide breadth of consumer demographics. Conversely, the iPhone OS runs on a single handset, the iPhone, built for a robust yet niche audience.
Zeitgeist paid Google UK HQ a visit recently to listen to the latest Android innovations, and can imagine the ensuing party that will take place in celebration of these results. The partying will be dampened however by related news that Oracle is to sue Google over Android over patent infringement.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
What is Zeitgeist and stuff?
- We live in both the Great Depression & the Gilded Age, so what does Luhrmann's "Gatsby" adaptation say about us? nyti.ms/17wrtia 19 hours ago
- Dear @rorysutherland please do read our article on Big Data and behavioural economics and do RT if you think worthy zeitgeistandstuff.wordpress.com/2013/05/18/the… 21 hours ago
- New Article :: How big data clashes with behavioural economics, and the importance of things that can't be measured zeitgeistandstuff.wordpress.com/2013/05/18/the… 21 hours ago
- On John Galliano's bumpy road back to societal acceptance, and what he can borrow from disgraced financiers on.ft.com/12HeeWr #Luxury 22 hours ago
- @WeAreIconoclast Thanks for the RT! :) 1 day ago